322 Science of Slash with Poetry and Maedron
Click to stream or right-click, “save as” to download.
Snap on your latex, /reporters, we’re going into the lab. What did you think we meant? You guys are nasty. Anyway – this week, we kidnapped some (mostly) willing science nerds and dragged them down a long dark alley to talk about the scientific basis of some of our favorite slash tropes and universe building. We talk about mpreg, interspecies, parallel universes, time travel, and our favorite topic of all – knotting. So get your eye wash ready, we’re about to hit the road.
Fic Recs for this week:
- I Like the Way I Smell on You by iBear [NHL RPS, Geno/Sid]
- Anything, Anything by Drunktuesdays [Teenwolf, Derek/Stiles]
- Silicon by SG1SamFan [Star Trek AOS, Gaila/horta]
- Infinite Diversity In Infinite Combinations by Boosette [Star Trek AOS, Capt Pike & plant-based lifeform friendship and mutual respect]
- Phrygian Choices by fresne [BBC Sherlock, Sherlock/John, Sherlock/Irene]
- Cold Dreaming by JJPOR [Doctor Who, Madame Vastra/OFC, Madame Vastra/Jenny Flint]
- The Yeerk and the Gedd: A Natural History by Nate the Ape [Animorphs, meta]
- The Ig Nobel Prize
- The Infinite Monkey Cage (Podcast)
- I’m Taking This Loop Off by toomuchplor (SGA, McKay/Sheppard)
- Equinox by Lucia (SPN, Dean/Castiel)