· Slash Report – 11 December 2011
Click to stream or right-click, “save as” to download.
Recs for this episode:
- Goong @ Dramafever
- Sungkyunkwan Scandal @ Dramafever
- Coffee Prince @ Dramafever
- Secret Garden @ Dramafever
- All About Eve @ Dramafever
- 49 Days @ Dramafever
- D-Addicts, a massive kdrama/jdrama/tw and cdrama forum and torrenting site, also a place to acquire softsubs (see softsub tutorial here).
- Kdrama on Hulu.com
- Dramabeans, for drama recaps, kdrama discussion, gossip, etc. Best in class.
- Koala’s Playground, another fantastic site for excellent drama recaps and news. Covers Chinese and Taiwanese dramas in addition to Korean.
- MySoju, K/J/C/TWdramas, streaming online. Not the friendliest of viewing experiences, but most egalitarian of all sources. Not region specific, and a great way to sample.
Music for this episode:
Forgive us our long and totally impromptu hiatus! But we’re back (a little early, even! Sort of!) this week with Pru and Til_Midnight nattering about korean dramas. Why are they so addictive? What’s the cycle of consumption on these things like? How do they get churned out so quickly? How are people with � presumably � otherwise good taste in media turning into vein-tapping smack addicts when it comes to this business? Especially with all the amnesia, convenient car accidents, and inevitable everybody dying of stupid diseases that are probably fake? Let us take you on a magical journey into Asia, drinking in tents, and the closest thing we’re ever likely to get to a film version of a romance novel.
Don’t forget to follow us on twitter for further hilarity between episodes.